Fondation Cartier pour l’art contemporain: Curator
Fondation Cartier pour l’art contemporain aims to promote contemporary creation and to and to disseminate knowledge of it. Based in Paris since 1994, Fondation Cartier programs thematic or monographic exhibitions thematic or monographic exhibitions and commissions artists to enrich an important collection.
We are currently looking for, within the Palais Royal Project team :
A Curator on a permanent contract as of January 2022
In the context of the opening of a new Fondation Cartier space in Paris, you will work closely with the artistic project manager of the Palais Royal project to develop cultural projects in connection with the existing collection of the Fondation Cartier and to implement them.
Your main missions will be to
– Propose specific projects integrating the Collection
– To monitor, in conjunction with the management of the works, the conservation of the works
– Participate in the enrichment of the documentation on the Collection in order to increase its visibility with important players in the cultural world
– Maintain relations with artists and follow their work and news
– Propose projects related to the Collection and the Foundation’s heritage: public programs publications, loans of works/presences in international exhibitions and in other institutions in institutions in France
– You have at least 5 years of proven experience in a cultural environment
– You are familiar with the methodological principles of art history and have knowledge of contemporary art. contemporary art. You are familiar with the challenges of the digital promotion of works of art and have an appetence for digital technology
– You have worked with artists’ studios on major institutional projects
– Your excellent interpersonal skills and your sense of teamwork allow you to quickly integrate into into the projects
– You show initiative
– You master computer tools, including the Adobe suite.
– Finally, you have a perfect command of French and English, both spoken and written. A third language would be appreciated.
Fondation Cartier pour l’art contemporain, 261 boulevard Raspail, 75014 Paris, with travel in France and abroad.
Practical information :
Full time permanent contract
Executive position with a fixed number of days (211 days worked)
Employer’s mutual insurance, reimbursement of Navigo pass
Remuneration over 13 months
Starting date: January 2022.
Please send your application completed in French by Friday, December 22, 2021 at the latest, to the attention of Mrs. Béatrice GRENIER, at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org