WAF Symposium: Environmental Sustainability
Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, Spain
Tuesday 3rd October 2023
A Practical Approach For Art Foundations To Develop & Implement Environmental Strategies Now
WAF Symposium: Environmental Sustainability is happening in person on 3rd October 2023, at the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao.
With a clear urgency around the climate crises, World Art Foundations, in partnership with the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, is hosting a symposium offering a practical approach for decision makers of Art Foundations to develop and implement environmental strategies within their organisations, now.
Over one day and with plenty of networking sessions, this symposium aims to provide participants with direct answers and solutions ready to implement, regardelss of their organisation’s size, location and budgets.
CONFIRMED SPEAKERS TO DATE
EVENT AGENDA – TUESDAY 3RD OCTOBER 2023
Registration & Networking Welcome Coffee
Session 1 – How to Get Started: From Theory to Practice
– The sustainability journey:
– Assembling a ‘Green Team’
– Developing an achievable working methodology
– Setting SMART goals
– Implementing a realistic action plan
– Measuring your Art Foundation’s carbon footprint: Why, what, when, how?
– What are the funding opportunities available?
– How can innovative partnerships enable the sustainable delivery (environmentally and financially) of the goals?
Questions & Answers
Site Visit of Guggenheim Museum Bilbao
– Participants will be invited to explore the museum from an operational perspective, learning about Guggenheim Museum Bilbao’s most recent sustainability initiatives and projects.
Session 2 – Reviewing the Eco-Systems Within a Building: From Operations to Visitor Experiences
– Energy efficiency: What are the innovative technologies to support decarbonisation?
– New recommendations and perspectives on climate control
– How to provide a greener visitor experience?
– Assessing the ecological resilience of Art Foundations’ buildings
Questions & Answers
Networking Coffee Break
Session 3 – Managing Collections and Producing Exhibitions Whilst Achieving the Environmental Goals
– Evaluating the ‘4R mantra’ (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Research): Best practices and success stories
– Working towards sustainable exhibition designs: From conceiving and producing to touring
– Developing greener logistics strategies: What are the available solutions for shipping, crating and couriers?
Questions & Answers
Artist Lecture by Olafur Eliasson “How art can inspire climate action”
Networking Drinks Reception
The WAF Symposium Series focuses on practical content and intimate networking for leading Art Foundations willing to deepen their knowledge and expertise on a precise subject matter. The intimate and exclusive aspect facilitates engagement and interactivity creating the ideal setting to reinforce exisiting connection and forge new partnerships with like-minded organisations.
with like-minded organisations and establish new connections
existing relationships and forge new partnerships
new technologies available to decarbonise your building
direct access to decision-makers under one roof
BOOK YOUR PLACE
Full Access: 99.00€
2nd WAF Global Conference + A Symposium Of Choice: 599.00€
Full Access: 299.00€
All Prices Exclude VAT
Click Here to find out more about our WAF Membership. The annual fee is 550.00€
WITH THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS
…AND OUR VENUE PARTNER, THE GUGGENHEIM MUSEUM BILBAO
The Guggenheim Museum Bilbao was the result of an extraordinary partnership between the Basque Institutions and the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation.
More than two decades after its grand opening in October 1997, the Museum is a reality that has exceeded the most ambitious artistic and cultural expectations, and has contributed in an extraordinary way to the urban, economic, and social regeneration of the city of Bilbao and its surroundings.
From the moment of its creation, the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao has worked to assemble a collection of significant works of art from the mid-twentieth century to the present day.